On Tuesday March 21, 2017, we went to the Royal Opera House to watch the Royal Ballet perform. We were lucky to see a program of three different dances: The Human Seasons / After the Rain / the world premiere of Flight Pattern by Crystal Pite, and works by Christopher Wheeldon and David Dawson. The Human Seasons was a fascinating performance inspired by Keat's poem, The Human Seasons. It was interesting to put a powerful visual with the performance after having discussed the poem earlier in class. The performance showed the vitality and movement of humans and how they grow and shake during their life. After the Rain showed the beauty when normally people are fearful of getting wet. The dancers were strong through the entire performance and at the end one the rain had gone there was brightness and beauty left. Flight Pattern was the most literal one visually. The way the dancers moved and presented themselves made them easily become birds without much imagination needed. Their arms flew smoothly and they danced around the stage as a whole, having the flock fly smoothly. One Villanova student commented at the end that, "The ballet was more interesting than I thought it would be. So much emotion evoked through movement. The costumes really helped set the scene and I loved the group movement. I am really glad I got to experience this art form, it has definitely opened my eyes to another side of art."
\
No comments:
Post a Comment